Assemble Bag Body
1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse an A interfacing rectangle to wrong side of each green-and-white print A rectangle, an interfacing B rectangle to wrong side of each green stripe B rectangle, and an interfacing C square to wrong side of each brown leaf print C square.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together fused green-and-white print A rectangle and fused green stripe B rectangle to make a bag unit; press seam toward green-and-white print rectangle. Topstitch 1/8" from seam line.
3. Sew bag unit to fused brown leaf print C square; press seam toward large square. Topstitch 1/8" from seam line to make a bag front (Diagram 2).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make a matching bag back.
5. Layer bag front and back right sides together. Sew together along short bottom edges to make bag center. Using tip of iron, carefully press seam open (Diagram 3).
6. Referring to Diagram 4, sew dark green print 1/2x1" strips to corners of stiff interfacing 8-1/2x11-1/2" rectangle to make joining tabs; the tabs should extend 1/2" past edges. (The tabs will hold interfacing in place, minimizing bulk in seams.) Center and baste interfacing rectangle over opened seam with tabs extending to long edges of bag center (Diagram 5). Working on the right side of bag center, topstitch 1/8" on either side of seam (Diagram 6) to secure interfacing.