Assemble Bag Body and Straps
1. Fuse an interfacing 14×15-1⁄2" rectangle to wrong side of each green floral 14×15-1⁄2" rectangle. Then fuse an interfacing 4-1⁄2×15-1⁄2" rectangle to wrong side of each pink-and-green geometric print 4-1⁄2×15-1⁄2" rectangle.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together a fused green floral rectangle and a fused geometric print rectangle; press seam toward geometric print rectangle. Topstitch 1⁄8" above seam line to make bag front. Repeat to make a matching bag back.
3. Layer bag front and back; sew together side and bottom edges (Diagram 2). Using tip of iron, carefully press seam open.
4. To shape a flat bottom for bag, at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 3). Measure and mark on seam allowance 2-1⁄2" from point of triangle. Draw a 5"-long line across triangle, and sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric. Repeat at remaining bottom corner to make bag body. Turn bag body right side out.
5. Center an interfacing 1-1⁄4×22" strip on wrong side of a green floral 1-3⁄4×22" strip; fuse. Layer fused green floral strip with a circle print 1-3⁄4×22" strip (Diagram 4). Stitch together strips’ long edges; avoid catching interfacing in seams. Turn right side out and press flat; topstitch 1⁄8" from long edges to make a strap. Repeat to make a second strap.
6. Referring to Diagram 5, pin a strap’s raw ends to front edge of bag body; make sure strap is centered with 4" between the ends. Baste strap ends to bag body a scant 1⁄4" from bag’s edge. Repeat with second strap and bag back.