Make Bag Front and Back
1. Place a fusible fleece 18-1⁄2×27-1⁄2" rectangle on a flat surface. Top with a right side up multicolor patchwork print 18-1⁄2×27-1⁄2" rectangle. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse fleece and patchwork print rectangle to make bag front.Referring to Diagram 1, cut a 4-1⁄2" square from each bottom corner.
2. Using remaining multicolor patchwork print and fusible fleece 18-1⁄2×27-1⁄2" rectangles, repeat Step 1 to make bag back.
3. Machine-quilt bag front and bag back as desired. Designer Elaine Theriault used variegated thread to stitch a grid design that follows the patchwork squares.
Make Bag Lining
1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse a stabilizer 18-1⁄2×27-1⁄2" rectangle to wrong side of a blue print 18-1⁄2×27-1⁄2" rectangle to make a fused rectangle. Repeat to make a second fused rectangle.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, cut a 4-1⁄2" square from bottom corners of both Step 1 fused rectangles to make two bag linings.