Assemble Bag Body (continued)
7. Layer a marked muslin rectangle on wrong side of one short edge of quilted rectangle (Diagram 5). Sew on marked lines. Repeat with second marked muslin rectangle and opposite short edge of quilted rectangle.
8. With wrong side inside, fold one orange-and-brown floral 2x32" strip in half (Diagram 6). Lightly press, then unfold. Fold long edges to meet at center; press again. Place one 32"-long brown ribbon over raw edges of orange-and-brown floral strip; topstitch both long edges of ribbon to make a handle. Repeat to make a second handle.
9. Referring to Diagram 7, start at one side to thread handle through casing and in and out of grommets. Pin each end of handle to edge of quilted rectangle and baste. Repeat with second handle.
10. Fold quilted rectangle in half crosswise with right sides together; pin (Diagram 8). Sew side edges together.
11. To shape flat bottom for bag, at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 9). Measure and mark on seam allowance 2" from point of triangle. Draw a 4"-long line across triangle; sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric, leaving 1/4" seam allowance. Repeat at remaining corner to make bag body. Turn bag body right side out; press.